3rd ADVANCEFUEL Stakeholder Workshop to discuss biofuels sustainability criteria
The ADVANCEFUEL project cordially invites stakeholders from the biomass and bioenergy sector to join the project’s third workshop on 27 May from 15:30-18:30 in Lisbon. The workshop is a side event of the 27th edition of the European Biomass Conference and Exhibition (EUBCE 2019). The title of the workshop is: Optimising value chains and ensuring the sustainability of advanced lignocellulosic biofuels with effective sustainability criteria and verification.
Advanced biofuels are expected to play a key role in the decarbonisation of the transportation sector in the European Union. Policy support combined with a well-functioning system of sustainability criteria is required to foster the market uptake of advanced biofuels. But policy makers, voluntary scheme owners, and third party auditors need information and guidance for implementing the new sustainability requirements defined in the Renewable Energy Directive II.
This workshop engages expert speakers from research, industry, policy, and certification bodies to:
- Discuss sustainability criteria in the Renewable Energy Directive II and particularly emphasise the changes affecting efficient and sustainable production and use of advanced biofuels
- Share the views of the European Technology and Innovation Platform (ETIP) Bioenergy, which represents major market players of the sector
- Gather information from a policy and scheme owner perspective
- Present and validate these findings by experts and stakeholders
- Identify major sustainability issues and options for harmonisation of sustainability criteria and certification
Click here to access the agenda as a .pdf.
More information on this workshop is available at the EUBCE 2019 website.